For People Who Want To Be

Awesomely Productive

Friday 16 August 2013

How To Deal with Criticism in The Blogging World

Share it Please


Have you ever thought of getting bullied or criticized, it could be done by anyone including clients, coworker, fans or even your friends? Recently, I got and email from one of my clients clearly reckless and angry in tone scolding my performance on a task that I completed perfectly. My first reaction was like, WTF, irritated and then defensive. After that email, I started blaming every single person who worked along with me on that specific project.

As a purist, I actually had a tough going while accepting criticism from everywhere. No matter how loving and best source it is. Why to allow someone to give you their 2 cents while you are already too much criticized by yourself?

However, once the angers go off being defensive could prove out to be a life savior for me. I control the situations through my abilities. In this face, I figure out extremely significant thing that was no way near to me. If I had removed emotions from myself, I would actually agree with some of the facts that he was trying to convey.

I was more concerned towards protecting my ego, I just stopped listening and went into the shutdown mode, and this behavior was neither helping him or me. Here is a list of things that you should need to remember while taking criticism. I discovered them while working with one client of mine.

Don’t make the Issue Personal: 

Whenever we see a guy criticizing ourselves or our brand we often take it personally by forgetting that it is strictly professional. It’s a matter of fact that we couldn’t control our ego and that kills almost everything that comes in its way. The moment we make the matter about us not about our work, emotions shoot up the circumstances to an entirely new level!

You might notice that criticism makes you feel as if you are being attacked by someone, then you start to pay attention more towards who attacked you. This is nothing more than our feelings, when we think we are attacked personally.

Be like a meant and start firm about yourself, and just don't give a damn to criticism in the way it doesn't make you offended.

First listen, and then react:

Even sometime criticism could help you in improving yourself, sometimes things are not that bad but we just craft a wrong picture of it. Sometime, we mistook our clients and in the end it we feel pity for not listen or understanding the right thing.

Honestly, you don’t lose anything from listening to others. By listening to others, you are giving a positive message to the other guy that look I am listening to you very carefully. Once you have soaked everything, feel free to leave your remarks that’s the best way of starting a healthy conversation and convincing your client.

Seek Criticism as a Gift:

Most wise people in this universe have labeled criticism as the catalyst to get them to the next level of awesomeness.  Confused? Well, they take criticism as the source of getting their odds right. People who have tons of experience can never go wrong, so looking and taking their words as a gift can always bring a rejoice of joy for you.

Get Rid of the Word “Anger”: 

We all are human beings, so we all make mistakes, but it does not mean we should always be aggressive. Sometimes, you have to deal with calm mind by keeping your anger or personal issues aside. With calm and cool mind, you can always deal with your clients. If you would show their dominance, then I am afraid you would lose your all quality consumers. Yes, I am sure you will.

Try to Acknowledge the criticism:

A person who keeps on smiling and avoiding any harsh remarks always proves out to be a gem. You remember scientists name Albert Einstein? He couldn’t read or write words correctly. Thus, the world uses to make fun of him. However, with his acknowledgement he changed the way of physics. He is the greatest example for everyone.

Now, it's up to you and your thinking. Once can only advise you but he cannot change your way of thinking. It is the time you should think about avoiding such stuff and soak the good part of it. Share your experience with us by commenting below..

4 comments

16 August 2013 at 04:54

Must Follow Rules For Everyone (y)

16 August 2013 at 05:00

Yes, they are and I learned them the hard way so just want everyone to learn them and make use of them. Hope you liked it.

Cheers!

27 November 2013 at 10:12

The point of criticism (y)

Anonymous
23 December 2013 at 04:12

Exellent post Mr Ali ... fantastic . I will implement these in my life ..
Do check out my site too ..

Post a Comment